• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Elijahlorden

StattenOS - Base control system

Hey, I liked your OS, but I'm not able to install it, when I try, crashing the pc, saying something about int 24.

could you explain how to install it?

What do I have to do with the github file?

thanks (I'm noob, sorry if this message bothers you:3)

I have modified and reuploaded the installer.  The installer should now work correctly.  This update also means that the netcode overhaul is also now present in the InstallData file.  Any issues with high network traffic causing computers to freeze should now be fixed.

Well, I tried the installer. Got instant "Too long without yielding" error when Installer started to load InstallData into memory. I have T3 Rack with Max tier components, including 4 3.5 RAM sticks.

To clarify, the program crashed before InstallData was fully read into memory?  I think I need to add more tolerance, because I have used the installer multiple times without issue.

Well, I'd like to check the code, but my abysmal knowledge of lua aside, I'll get attempt to index field  'stdin' (a nil value): every time I try edit Installer.

Right.  I now know what's happening.  Like an idiot, I did not update the pastebin files.  You can grab the updated files off my StattenOS installer repo, or wait until I can update the pastebin files.  My bad.

12 hours ago, khris190 said:

soooo i have this problem, idk what to do, i only started using open computers today

Screenshot_17.png

I'm just guessing here but it looks like a problem with the wrong directory. Try to go to / and not /home by typing "cd /" and try again.

2 hours ago, Nexarius said:

I'm just guessing here but it looks like a problem with the wrong directory. Try to go to / and not /home by typing "cd /" and try again.

This is correct.  The installer and installdata files should be downloaded to and run from the root directory.

@Elijahlordencould you just remove the / from

local file = io.open("/InstallData")

to be

local file = io.open("InstallData")

should work just fine, for both those that think they still need to `cd /` and those that forget/don't know

io.open uses relative path from the current working directory