• Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Welcome to OpenComputers

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

  • Announcements

    • Lizzy Trickster

      Latest Stable OpenComputers Version   11/26/16

      The latest released version of OpenComputers is version 1.6.1 for MC 1.7.10, 1.8.9, 1.9.4 & 1.10.2. See more information here! Beta/Dev builds can be found at the Jenkins Build Server (ci.cil.li)
Nexarius

Tank Display Program

29 posts in this topic

Now i have an other idea, only if you are interested in it ;)

Currently your nice program/server accepts the outputs of many different clients at the same time and putting them on one screen. Sadly its not possible to see which message/liquid-storage was sended from which client. So you have only an overview of all at once.
(as sample: we have 4 different unload stations (1x ship, 2x train and 1x airship) and a main Storage. When i add to each unloadstation/buffer a client i can only see what i have all over so i cant see from control room what was delivered and what is already in our storage)
So is it possible that the Clients can be labeled while installing and send theese messages to the servers so it can print it out?

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ranub1s said:

Very nice :) Thank ya very much ;) What was the issue?

1) I didn't save the entered range so it didn't survive reboot.
2) I tried io.read() alone in the autorun.lua and it just skipped it. I added a 2sec delay and then it works (I guess the OS needs a bit more time to load completely).

2 hours ago, Ranub1s said:

Now i have an other idea, only if you are interested in it ;)

Currently your nice program/server accepts the outputs of many different clients at the same time and putting them on one screen. Sadly its not possible to see which message/liquid-storage was sended from which client. So you have only an overview of all at once.
(as sample: we have 4 different unload stations (1x ship, 2x train and 1x airship) and a main Storage. When i add to each unloadstation/buffer a client i can only see what i have all over so i cant see from control room what was delivered and what is already in our storage)
So is it possible that the Clients can be labeled while installing and send theese messages to the servers so it can print it out?

Thanks :)

Airship unload station?

 Giving a label to the clients displaying them with the label is sadly not a small change. I can't promise anything here.

 

But you could make 4 servers each with their own client and go into "/tank/auslesen.lua" on the client and into "/tank/anzeige.lua" on the server to change the port from 70 to whatever you want so they dont interfere with each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nexarius said:

But you could make 4 servers each with their own client and go into "/tank/auslesen.lua" on the client and into "/tank/anzeige.lua" on the server to change the port from 70 to whatever you want so they dont interfere with each other.

Thought about it too but than i will need atleast 5 Servers, monitoring each stock itself. this much space we dont have in our control room and we want to keep the pc's as low as possible ^^ so ... not the bst solution.
btw. can the server get inputs from different ports at once? so it could name the incoming messages itself if you install the client with different ports.

822a9e-1502615774.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ranub1s said:

Thought about it too but than i will need atleast 5 Servers, monitoring each stock itself. this much space we dont have in our control room and we want to keep the pc's as low as possible ^^ so ... not the bst solution.
btw. can the server get inputs from different ports at once? so it could name the incoming messages itself if you install the client with different ports.

822a9e-1502615774.png

Sadly no it only works with a single port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now