• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Gorzoid

OpenComputers dev build does not seem to work

Question

When I launch Minecraft with OpenComputers dev in eclipse OC spits alot of errors but does not crash, when I go into a world all items don't seem to work (can't put into computer).

Some of the errors include:

[18:39:50] [Client thread/INFO] [OpenComputers/OpenComputers]: Registering new assembler template 'Tablet (Creative)' from mod OpenComputers.
[18:39:50] [Client thread/WARN] [OpenComputers/OpenComputers]: Failed registering assembler template.
java.lang.ClassCastException: interface li.cil.oc.api.internal.Tablet

Entire log: http://pastebin.com/YEteSicq

I don't think it is my mods doing, since even if I comment out the 2 lines of code that run it will still break. If I build the mod it works fine with regular universal build. I didn't make an issue on github because I am not sure if this is just me messing up or if it's a problem with the dev build since I tried it on 3 versions.

2 answers to this question

• Solution

Solved, looks like the github's instructions is outdated, works fine if I use compile "li.cil.oc:OpenComputers:MC1.7.10-1.6.+:dev" instead of compile "li.cil.oc:OpenComputers:MC1.7.10-1.6.+:api" in build.gradle and remove the dev build from mods folder. Thanks Michiyo for helping me on IRC.

17 hours ago, Gorzoid said:

Solved, looks like the github's instructions is outdated, works fine if I use compile "li.cil.oc:OpenComputers:MC1.7.10-1.6.+:dev" instead of compile "li.cil.oc:OpenComputers:MC1.7.10-1.6.+:api" in build.gradle and remove the dev build from mods folder. Thanks Michiyo for helping me on IRC.

Probably because you were just grabbing it's API and not the decompiled version or something. I'm marking your response as the answer :)